By using the artofcomposing.com web site (“Service”), a service of Art of Composing, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
Art of Composing reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: http://www.artofcomposing.com/terms-and-conditions
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While Art of Composing prohibits certain conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that Art of Composing cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service. Persons under the age of 13 must be under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian to use the service.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Art of Composing cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading
- A valid credit card is required for paying accounts.
- You may cancel your paying account at any time. You will not be charged again and your account will be closed the end of your current monthly or annual payment period.
- The Service is billed in advance on a monthly or annual basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months or years of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for time unused with an open account. The only exception to the refund policy is: a renewed subscription payment may be refunded if a request for refund has been received in writing within 72 hours of the renewal date.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, your credit card that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
- Downgrading or canceling your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. Art of Composing does not accept any liability for such loss.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on the “My Account” link in the global navigation bar at the top of the screen. The Account screen provides a simple no questions asked cancellation link.
- When you cancel your membership, any associated subscriptions will be canceled.
- The status on your account will be changed to canceled.
- When your account is canceled, you will not be able to log into the member’s area or access protected content.
- You can always return your account to active status by repurchasing a product that’s associated with a membership level.
- Art of Composing, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Art of Composing service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. Art of Composing reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Art of Composing reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Art of Composing Site (www.artofcomposing.com) or the Service itself.
- Art of Composing shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- You acknowledge and agree that all content and information, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video or other material (also known as “Content”) provided on the Website or through the Services is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by all copyright notices, trademark rules, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services, and except as expressly permitted herein, shall not use, copy, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, sell or otherwise exploit for any purposes whatsoever any Content or third party submissions or other proprietary rights not owned by you: (i) without the express prior written consent of the respective owners, and (ii) in any way that violates any third party right.
- All content posted on the Service is must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and any materials uploaded remain yours.
- Art of Composing does not pre-screen Content, but Art of Composing and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- The look and feel of the Service is copyright © 2011-2015 Art of Composing. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from Art of Composing.
Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- Art of Composing has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that Art of Composing has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Services; what Content you access via the Services; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release Art of Composing from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. The Services may contain, or direct you to websites containing information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate.
- The services, content, website and any software are provided on an “as is” basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, or that use of the services will be uninterrupted or error-free. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
In no event shall Art of Composing or its suppliers, or their respective officers, directors, employees, or agents be liable with respect to the website or the services or the subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, tort, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory (i) for any amount in the aggregate in excess of the greater of the fees paid by you for the services purchased through the website during the six-month period preceding the applicable claim; (ii) for any special, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever; (iii) for data loss or cost of procurement of substitute goods or services; or (iv) for any matter beyond Art of Composing’s reasonable control. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
- All affiliate registrations are moderated. You may register to become an affiliate and, if approved, you will be given a unique referral ID that you can use to promote plugins and services on this website.
- Approved affiliates will earn 20% on all successful referrals. For instance, if you refer a customer and they spend $35, you will earn $7.
- Affiliate commissions are paid out on the 15th of each month, though only referrals that are older than 30 days and still in good standing will be included with the payout. If, during the 30 day period before a commission is paid out, the originating purchase is refunded, revoked, or removed in any way, we reserve the right to revoke the affiliate commission on that purchase.
- All affiliate commissions are paid out via PayPal or debit card (for U.S. affiliates) and require a $50 minimum balance.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email or our online support interface.
- You understand that Art of Composing uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Art of Composing, or any other Art of Composing service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Art of Composing.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Art of Composing customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage exceeds 200 MB/month, or significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by Art of Composing) of other Art of Composing customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your bandwidth until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- Art of Composing does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Art of Composing shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Art of Composing has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of Art of Composing to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Art of Composing and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Art of Composing (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nuclear Armageddon Clause
In the event of nuclear armageddon, you may not have access to the site, even if you purchased lifetime access. Most likely, if nuclear armageddon were to happen, all of the servers containing the information on the internet would get wiped clean by an EMP (Electro-magnetic pulse). This means that your place within the course would also be lost. Please be patient and understanding in the unlikely event that the end of the world takes place. Thank you.