Musical form is a great tool for composers. Understanding musical form is not really about learning specific formula, like A-B-A or Sonata Form. It’s deeper than that. It is about learning musical syntax, or the way music fits together. You see, everything that you compose should have a purpose. You should be able to identify that purpose. Maybe the purpose of what you are trying to compose is to add tension. Maybe you are trying to create a calm mood. Whatever it is, your study of musical form will improve it. Check out my posts of musical form.
- The Different Sides of Musical Form
- Warning: The Composing Secret Mozart Didn’t Want You To Know
- Musical Phrases Unleashed
- Musical Periods Unleashed
- Musical DNA - Small Ternary Form
- Completing the Musical Form Puzzle – Small Binary Form