It’s time to go an inch wide and a mile deep. We are starting a series in which we will try to really get to know Mahler… What makes him tick? How did he become great? What are his characteristic style traits and Mahlerisms? Read on to learn about Mahler, the man… the composer.
Art of Composing is a site dedicated to making you a better composer.We have tons of great articles, podcast episodes, recommended resources for composers - it's like therapy for composers. So click the start here button just below this paragraph. You know it will feel good if you do.
- Getting to Know Mahler, Part 1 March 23, 2015
- AOC 009: My Principles of Orchestration March 4, 2015
- Dealing With Failure December 28, 2014
- AOC 008: Understanding Musical Form November 11, 2014
- The Art of Modulation, Part 2: Common Chord Modulation November 10, 2014
- The Art of Modulation, Part 1: Direct Modulation October 24, 2014
- AOC 007: Creativity and Music Composition October 1, 2014
- AOC 006: The Pathway to Mastery, Part 3 – Beyond the Apprencticeship May 10, 2014
- AOC 005: The Pathway to Mastery, Part 2 – The Ideal Composer Apprenticeship February 16, 2014
- What do you want to learn about composing? February 12, 2014